Client: NEFCO/Allplan GmbH
Dates: 2016 - present
Country of assignment: Georgia
Description of actual services provided:
Encon, as a subcontractor to Allplan GmbH, Austria, is responsible for the Component 1 - Develop Energy Awareness Campaigns in Municipalities of Training and Certification of the Private Sector Energy Auditors and an Awareness Campaign for Energy Efficiency in Buildings in Georgia funded by NEFCO.
The Training and Certification of Private Sector Energy Auditors and an Awareness Campaign for Energy Efficiency in Buildings in Georgia Project consists of the following Components:
· Component 1 - Develop Energy Awareness Campaigns in Municipalities
· Component 2 - Train and Certify a Pool of Energy Auditors
· Component 3 - Stakeholder Mapping
Component 1 - Develop Energy Awareness Campaigns in Municipalities. For this assignment, the Project Team focuses on increasing the motivation and awareness of the heads of municipal departments or public organizations controlling energy expenditure in public buildings, as well as public servants working in the daily management of the energy use of the buildings in the five selected municipalities' signatories to the Covenant of Mayors.
Component 1 includes the following Tasks:
· Task 1 - Refine the target audience
· Task 2 - Prioritization of target audience
· Task 3 - Thematic plan - defining main issues and messages
· Task 4 - Implementing the Awareness Campaign
Component 2 - Train and Certify a Pool of Energy Auditors. For this assignment, the Project Team supports the the Ministry of Economy & Sustainable Development (MESD) by means of implementing a pilot project to identify, train and prepare for eventual accreditation of at least 25 energy specialists. The training should include a hands-on energy auditing of at least 4 public buildings for each specialist. In this regard, the energy specialists should at least have conducted 100 energy audits by the end of the assignment.
Component 2 includes the following Tasks:
· Task 1 - Selecting legal entities for carrying out of training and examination of energy auditors
· Task 2 - Preparing and adopting a program for advanced training of energy auditors
· Task 3 - Conducting training and authorizations of energy auditors and licensing
Component 3 - Stakeholder Mapping. The Project Team prepares a stakeholder analysis and based on this analysis prepares a stakeholder involvement plan including all expected outputs of the awareness campaign and the training and indicate how different stakeholders will be informed.